Are pets sensitive to the heat?
Every year veterinary clinics deal with heat stroke cases that are usually avoidable. A basic comment is that if it is too warm for you it is too warm for your pet.
Tips to help:
1) always allow access to water for drinking.
2) if animals need to be outside, make sure they have shade available
3) keep indoors in very hot weather if at all possible
4) do not leave animals in vehicles unattended for ANY length of time
5) if have to be outside, cool down by using hose or buckets of water or take for a swim.
6) exercise early in the morning or evening when it is cooler outside.
Enjoy the summer and be safe!